With Halloween behind us, it is now time to start gearing up for the holidays.
I am so flattered that my friend Erin from My Very Educated Mother has asked me to join in on her No Ugly Ornaments Challenge. Each Week on Thursday, during the month of November, I will share a very simple “how to” for creating a fun holiday ornament.
Here is my 1st one.
This project is for sewers of all levels.
Skill Level- 1 Button
- scraps of fabric 4 1/2″ x 4″
- 10″ piece of ribbon
- scrap of felt
- poly fill
- Draw a long triangle (aka – tree) that fits your scrap of fabric. Cut 2 pieces for each tree.
- Fold your 10″ piece of ribbon in half and sandwich between the right sides of triangle.
- Pin in place and straight stitch the long sides of triangle. Leave the bottom open.
- Stuff with poly fill. Fold ends under to clean finish and insert your folded strip of felt.
- Straight stitch everything closed.
Click here for more of the No Ugly Ornaments Challenge. A new ornament will be posted every weekday during the month of November.
Looking for a printable version? No problem, we have you covered.
P.S. For those that do not sew or just don’t have time, these mini trees are in the shop and ready to ship.
**Remember, I would love to see your creations. Be sure to share photos on my facebook page!