Well, the scrap basket is full again and that means it is time to clean house. So, I thought I would create something for the tree.
For anyone who sews this “quilt as you go” technique will be super simple. And you will have a bunch made in a jiffy!
This project is for sewers of all levels.
Skill Level- 1 Button
- fabric scraps
- felt square
- 10″ ribbon
- Your felt square will be your backer. Place your 1st scrap face up. (wrong side down.) Line up your second scrap face down. The two scraps will be right sides together.
- Straight stitch in place. Turn the 2nd piece over and flat. (I used my fingers for “pressing”. ) Repeat the process until you have a large enough patchwork for your shape. This is now your mini quilt.
- If you would like to add a decorative stitch to your mini quilt, now is the time. I added a few for photos.
- Trace and cut out your shape. (I used pinking sheers.)
- Fold your ribbon in half and insert at the top edge between the backer and scraps.
- Straight stitch all around to keep ribbon and fabric in place.
These are really a great way to use up scraps and create something fun for the holidays.
ps- they look really cute on packages.
pps- if you like the idea but don’t have the time, there are a few listed in the shop that are ready to ship.
Click here for more of the No Ugly Ornaments Challenge. A new ornament will be posted every weekday during the month of November.
**Remember, I would love to see your quilted ornaments . Be sure to share photos on my facebook page!