If I take a look back to this time last year, my machines were buzzing with embroidered appliques. So, many different designs that it was hard to keep up.
Photos are of items sold in the Etsy shop during the 2010 holiday season!
So this year, I thought it might be fun to share with you a few tips and tricks on how to create your own fabric appliques.
This project is for sewers of all levels.
Skill Level- 1 Button
- Double sided fusible
- Trims (optional)
- Find a pattern/ shape you like. Select a few fun fabrics.
- Draw shape onto fusible backing. If your shape is asymmetrical, remember to use the mirror image as this will be turned once applied to your garment.
- Following the directions on your fusible, apply the fusible to the wrong side of fabric. **Be sure to watch placement with prints.
- Cut out shape.
- To apply to a tee shirt or garment- peel the backer of fusible off; center on garment and iron as directed on fusible package.
- Feel free to apply any additional trims or notions. Such as the bows on stack of presents.
These are super easy to make and really can help use up your scraps. I would love to see what fun things you create! Please share your finished projects on my facebook page!
ps- For those that just do not want to search for the perfect fabric, these DIY Applique trees and many others are in the shop and ready to ship.