Keepin’ It Super Simple!
Sorry to start off with the Mommy Dearest reference but it was perfect for the post!
With all this cleaning and putting things away, I realized that my daughters closet is not that pretty. So, I thought it was time to add a splash of “girlie garnish” to the space.
This project is for all levels.
Skill Level- 1 Button
- old wire hangers
- felt or polar fleece
- needle & thread
So grab those wire dry cleaner hangers and let’s get stitching!
- Starting with two wire hangers, tape them together in a couple of places. This is just to keep them stable while you are covering them later.
- Then cut a strip of felt 1″ wide by the length of your hanger. *Be sure to measure all along the outside of your hanger and around the curve. Mine measured 42″ but yours might be different.
- Starting at the inside edge, wrap the felt around and blanket stitch in place. Continue to pinch and stitch all the way around. Clip end into a point, fold back and stitch the end in place. Bury your knot.
- To create flowers, I cut circles from the felt. Then, I cute in a spiral pattern; leaving a round circle as the base.
- Starting at the long end of spiral, wrap the strip around a pencil and hot glued in place. Click here for step by step directions from Dozi Designs.
- Attach flower to hanger. You can attach with needle and thread or glue gun. Your choice.
Remember, Keep It Super Simple!!
Not clear about how to create the blanket stitch? No worries, I did a quick video for Cool2Craft TV.