Keepin’ It Super Simple!
To follow-up from last weeks post about covered hangers, I thought it would be fun to offer another option. Plus, full disclosure here, my younger daughter complained. Clearly, she needs her own “girlie garnish”.
This project is for all levels.
Skill Level- 1 Button
- old wire hangers
- glue gun
So grab those wire dry cleaner hangers and let’s get wrapping!
- Starting with two wire hangers, tape them together in a couple of places. This is just to keep them stable while you are covering them later.
- Then cut or rip strips of fabric about an 1″ wide. Note you will need several to completely wrap one hanger.
- Starting at the inside neck edge, dab a spot of glue to hold fabric in place and let the wrapping begin! Just overlap your fabric with each pass. The raw edges will add some edge and movement to the finished product. When you get to the end, add a dab of glue or tuck the end under a few pieces.
- Since I used fabric flowers on the felt covered hangers, I wanted a change here. I had a small piece of ribbon left over and just wrapped/glued it around the neck of the hanger.
- Another dab of glue and I added a pre made crochet flower. Done!
This is the perfect way to use up old left over fabric.
Remember, Keep It Super Simple!!