Keepin’ It Super Simple!
This is a great way to use up some left over fabric and create something fun and functional!
This project is for all levels.
Skill Level- 1 Button
- fabric scraps
- Accu Quilt Cutter ** contact your local quilt shop- most have one available for rent**
- Bring your pressed fabric scraps to your local quilt shop. Look at their selection of in stock dies. I picked out this pretty one- Rose of Sharon by Sharon Pederson #55045
- Using the protective mat, cut 6 to 8 flowers, several leaves and one large felt circle. After all your cut outs are complete, head home and we can finish up in a flash!
- Now, time to create the flowers! Holding one petal, on the wrong side, dab the center with glue and “smoosh” together with your fingers. (see pic for “smoosh”) After all of your petals are “smooshed”, dab bottom of petal with glue and attach petals together. Note: it is best to work around one center petal. Keep adding additional petals until the desired fullness is achieved. The bottom of the flower will look messy. NO worries! We will take care of that later.
- Taking one flat petal cut out and attach the leaves to the wrong side with a dab of glue. Glue felt circle to the center of flower on wrong side over the leaves. Now, grab your flower from step 3, apply glue to the bottom and attach to the right side of fabric petal in center.
- Just glue a flat petal right side up to the bottom for a clean finish.
- Another dab of glue at the center back for the pin and you are all set!