That pesky scrap basket is full again and I am noticing a fair amount of green in the mix.
Something is telling me that a holiday craft is in order.
This project is for all levels.
Skill Level- 1 Button
- green fabric scraps
- poly fil
- candy bar
- Start with pressed scraps. Any size is fine but straight edges are a must.
- Place two pieces right sides together and with sewing machine; straight stitch 1/4″ away from edge. Press open and continue to build your mini scrap quilt. To make this process easy, I worked in blocks; then joined them together to create one larger piece.
- Draw a quick Shamrock on scrap paper, pin and cut shape from felt.
- Pin felt shape to wrong side of mini quilt; straight stitch all around with machine (or blanket stitch by hand) leaving a small section open; lightly stuff with poly fil; stitch closed.
- Cut around your outline for your finished shape. Additional stitching can be added to the Shamrock for dimension.
- Attach button in the center through all layers.
- For fun, I wrapped a candy bar in paper and tied the Shamrock on for a fun detail.
These little cuties have a lunch date on 3/17.
Now, if only I could find that pot of gold….