That pesky scrap basket is full again and I am noticing a fair amount of green in the mix.
Something is telling me that a holiday craft is in order.
Skill Level- 1 Button
- green fabric scraps
- poly fil
- candy bar
- Start with pressed scraps. Any size is fine but straight edges are a must.
- Place two pieces right sides together and with sewing machine; straight stitch 1/4″ away from edge. Press open and continue to build your mini scrap quilt. To make this process easy, I worked in blocks; then joined them together to create one larger piece.
- Draw a quick Shamrock on scrap paper, pin and cut shape from felt.
- Pin felt shape to wrong side of mini quilt; straight stitch all around with machine (or blanket stitch by hand) leaving a small section open; lightly stuff with poly fil; stitch closed.
- Cut around your outline for your finished shape. Additional stitching can be added to the Shamrock for dimension.
- Attach button in the center through all layers.
- For fun, I wrapped a candy bar in paper and tied the Shamrock on for a fun detail.
These little cuties have a lunch date on 3/17.
Now, if only I could find that pot of gold….
Hello! Are you new to The Sewing Loft?
If so, I’m glad you stopped by and hope that something has inspired you to keep your needle moving! Don’t miss a single project and subscribe via email HERE! Bonus- free embroidery pattern with newsletter sign up. Another great way to connect with me is via Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Google+ or Follow my blog with Bloglovin. I’m looking forward to getting to know you and creating together!