Ever wonder what a Fat Quarter is? Well, if you are not a quilter you might think it is a plump coin for your pocket.
But no, it is not a new measure of $$.
It is a piece of fabric that measures 18″ x 22″.
Fabric stack from Fabricworm.com
From this piece of fabric that is much that can be created!!
Did you know that from just one fat quarter you can create….
- 6 6 1/2″ squares
- 9 6″ squares
- 12″ 5″ squares
- 16 4.5″ squares
- 20 4″ squares
- 30 3.5″ squares
- 42 3″ squares
- 56 2.5″ squares
- 99 2″ squares (now that is a lot of squares!)
- Annika Market Bag by Hemma Design Pattern on Etsy
- Matryoshka Doll by Little Bird Lane LLC on Etsy
- Sewing Accessories Pattern 4476 by Butterick
- Little Flower Petal Flower Bib by Voknitting Shop on Etsy
- Stepping Star Quilt by Stepping Star on Etsy
- Zippered Pouches by SMCNY on Etsy
- Kaleidoscope by Cluck, Cluck, Sew on Etsy
- Annie Lee Pillowcase Dress by Viola Lee Patterns on Etsy