The amount of paper that comes from school on a daily basis is over the top!
And for some reason, always in a variety of colors.
So, today I thought it would be fun to get creative with some of it and make finger puppets.
Easy Finger Puppets
This project is for all levels.
Skill Level- 1 Button
- Scraps of Felt
- Googly Eyes
- Small pom pom (or cotton ball)
- Black thread
- To create your pattern, trace around your finger. (Or your child’s finger.) Make pattern larger to allow for stitching and general shaping. My pattern is 3″ tall x 1 3/8″ wide. Cut out two pieces to create your puppet.
- Cut out 2 ears in white and 2 smaller ears in pink. Cut small circle out of darker felt.
- Place pink ear on white ear and stitch down center to hold in place. Then stitch along the top of puppets head.
- Place wrong sides together and all around straight stitch along edge.
- To create whiskers- cut a few pieces of black thread 1 1/4″ wide. Glue in center of face and cover with small circle.
- Glue on eyes and pom pom (tail) on lower back.