I must confess- yes, I have a button jar filled to the max! And the Button Craft Round Up post was just the inspiration I needed to create this fun craft.
This project is for all levels.
Skill Level- 1 Button
- embroidery thread
- embroidery hoop
- fabric scraps
- glue dots
- tacky double-stick sheets
- Starting with pressed fabrics, peel the backer off the double stick sheets and apply to your brown fabric. *Note: Take your time, this is super sticky.
- Then free hand a tree base shape or use the tree hugger appliqué design. Trace and cut your shape. *Remember cutting counts here!
- Determine where you would like your tree base to live on your artwork, peel other side of sticky tape and position in place. Be sure to firmly press any bubbles or wrinkles out.
- Grab your buttons, glue dots and start placing your leaves…opps, I mean buttons in place. I even added a small birdie for fun.
- Position your artwork in hoop. Cut excess fabric away leaving 1/2″ allowance for folding under and gluing in place.
- As a final detail, I used embroidery thread and a simple running stitch in two colors and added some grass.
Stay tuned for this weeks upcoming episode of Cool2Craft TV for more for more fun crafts with buttons.