Back in October, I shared that my youngest (let’s call her “Little Miss S”) is a rocker at heart. For the most part, her style just keeps me engaged!
So, when Amy from Peek A Boo Pattern Shop asked me to be part of the holiday tour, I knew this could be fun! After looking through the shop, I thought that this vest pattern would be perfect for her. Of course, Little Miss S insisted on making a few adjustments to make it a little less boy and a little more rocker. After that, she was extremely excited to pick out fabrics!
Before we get started, I think there are a few things everyone should know about patterns.
- They should be thought of as the framework and foundation for your project.
- You should feel free to make modifications to meet your style needs.
- Fabric suggestions are guidelines to help ensure your finished project is the best it can be. Be sure to read through all instructions before starting your project.
- Shortened the back of vest and blended it to meet the front in a smooth line.
- Exchanged the buttons and button holes for snaps.
- Picked a placement for a fun embroidery design.
Rockin Vest Pattern
I hope you enjoyed our take on Peek A Boo’s vest pattern. I know that Little Miss S is excited to wear it and show it off. So just remember, when creating from patterns, feel free to infuse your personal style!
Interested in making your own vest? Peek A Boo patterns if offering The Sewing Loft readers a 25% discount on all patterns this week. Just use special code “hohoho” at check out. And as a special gift to you… One lucky winner will walk away with not only the vest pattern but all patterns included on the tour. Click here for easy entry.