This post contains affiliate links to products I own, use and love.
BOM= Block of the Month
- a monthly series designed to build your skill set while stitching together a finished quilt top over the period of time.
Block of the Month can also be called a BOM. This acronym is extremely common place in the quilting world.
Just like the name suggests, each month a new block with lesson is released for the stitcher to sew together. Depending on the instructor, some series will discuss sashing & border options to offer the participants different layout options. At the end of the series, each participant will have a completed quilt top and finish the quilt assembly on their own.
Most quilt tops are constructed by sewing together smaller units of fabric called blocks to create a certain layout. A block is considered a stand unit of measure in the quilting world and come in a variety of sizes.
There is no set time A block of the month is a series designed to build your skills while stitching together a finished quilt top.
- Size: Varies baste on the finished layout.
- How long: BOM series can range from 3 months to 2 years. It depends on the complexity of the course and finished project skill level.
- What to make: Quick quilts
- Where to find: Sewing sites like Craftsy, quilt guilds and your local quilt shop.
Click the below pictures to for Block of the Month series:
Hello! Are you new here?
Do you want to learn more about sewing? If so, be sure to sign up for our newsletter HERE and never miss a stitch! Daily Sewing Tips, Everyday Projects and Fantastic Inspiration delivered straight to your mailbox!
Bonus– free download with newsletter sign up.