Summer is winding down and the kids will be back to school in a flash. To help send them off in style I thought it would be fun to cover a few of their composition books. (Or as I recently found out – “Cow”- books)
This project is for all levels.
Skill Level- 1 Button
- 2 pieces of 12″ x 18″ felt
- fun trims
- Measure your notebook height and then open it up and measure from end to end. And 1/2″ for seam allowance to both numbers. So, my notebook measures 9 3/4″ h x 15″ w and my cut piece of felt is 10 1/4″ h x 15 1/2″ wide. This gives me a small 1/4″ seam allowance all around.
- To create the side pockets for the cover to slip into, I cut 2 pieces of felt 10 1/4″ h x 4″ w.
- Decorate the front of your cover as you wish with fun trims or maybe even ruffles. I cut up a few bits of felt and layered on an old appliqué.
- Then pin the side pockets in place and stitch all around the 4 sides.
- Slip your notebook in place and you are done!
- Add a ribbon bookmark
- Cut the edges of felt with pinking sheers
- Add a closure
Hello! Are you new to The Sewing Loft?
If so, I’m glad you stopped by and hope that something has inspired you to keep your needle moving! Don’t miss a single project and subscribe via email HERE! Bonus- free embroidery pattern with newsletter sign up. Another great way to connect with me is via Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Google+ or Follow my blog with Bloglovin. I’m looking forward to getting to know you and creating together!