This is my last posting for the No Ugly Ornaments Challenge and I just wanted to say a big Thank You to Erin from My Very Educated Mother for asking me to join in the fun! I have had a blast creating fun pretties for the tree this month!
This project is for sewers of all levels.
Skill Level- 1 Button
- 20″ ribbon
- Draw a fun shape for your ornament. I have chosen trees. Clearly, I associate trees with Christmas but any shape will work, even a rectangle! Cut shape out of cardstock. (aka- cereal box, greeting card- you know, something reclaimed!)
- For a 3 sided shape: Trace your shape onto felt and cut out 2.
- Pin your 2 cut shapes together on one side. Starting from the bottom center, straight stitch along the edge of shape and finish at the top. Clip your threads. *Note: it would be fun to use contrasting thread for stitching. Since you alternate sides when stitching, it is just important to use the same color thread in the bobbin.
- Now, you need to insert your ribbon. To prep your ribbon; fold in half, tie knot at the bottom or add a small bead – then knot and then insert into the center of ornament. Be sure to leave the knot hanging below the bottom of shape.
- Then pushing the two sides open, place your shape onto another layer of felt. Pin on each side, straight stitch and cut.
Looking back I can clearly see that I associate trees with Christmas! Well, at least you have the ideas and can change the shapes up as you wish!
Well, no more Christmas thoughts for me today instead, I am reminded of all the things I am thankful for- Family, Friends & Fans!! Enjoy your family time and some turkey dinner! Crafting can wait until tomorrow.
Click here for more of the No Ugly Ornaments Challenge. A new ornament will be posted every weekday during the month of November.
**Remember, I would love to see your ornaments . Be sure to share photos on my facebook page!