This past weekend my daughter and I went to the Metrolina Expo- which is like a small compressed version of the 127 sale and I LOVED it!! So many good finds to uncover!! (honestly, I could do an entire post on that. We took so many pictures and had a blast!!)
Throughout the sea of vendors I kept finding the old vintage ornaments like these.
This photo collage courtesy of Home Tools. (amazing right!)
To say, I love this style ornament is an understatement! They remind me of my childhood and the colors remind me of candy!! So, I am using these shapes and colors as my inspiration.
Now, on to the challenge!!
This project is for all ages and is PERFECT for the kiddos!
Skill Level- 1 Button
- cardboard (think cereal box)
- Mod Podge
- ultra fine glitter
- Draw your shape onto cardboard. Cut out.
- Punch a hole in the top center for ribbon to be added later.
- Paint shape. (*Since the cardboard is reclaimed, I like to paint it in a similar color to the glitter.)
- Cover one side at a time with Mod Podge and sprinkle glitter. **Tip: Sprinkle glitter over a paper plate for easy clean up.**
- Once dry, shake off glitter and repeat on other side.
- Loop ribbon through hole and tie in knot.
These are super simple I know. But the ultra fine glitter makes them look wonderful!! They are the perfect project to do with your kids. Even if they are very young, you can cut out the shapes and let them do the rest!
Click here for more of the No Ugly Ornaments Challenge. A new ornament will be posted every weekday during the month of November.
**Remember, I would love to see your creations. Be sure to share photos on my facebook page!