Valentine’s Day is one of the sweetest holiday’s around and today, I am sharing how to make candy filled love letters.
My girls love to pass out special treats to friends on Valentine’s Day and to be fair, I think that it’s expected since Valentine is their last name. (I mean… come on people!)
This project is for all levels.
Skill Level- 1 Button
- solid & printed paper
- parchment paper
**Be sure to check out my Paper Sewing Tips if you have never sewing on paper before.
- To form your letters, cut paper and parchment into 4″ x 5.5″ rectangles.
- To create stamps, cut paper of choice into 1″ x 1″.
- Position your stamp in the upper right hand corner and all around edge stitch.
- Stitch some fun squiggly lines to represent the cancelled postage. You can draw these lines with a pencil 1st and then stitch over them.
- With your machine or marker, add some fun words to the letter. (See below for cute ideas.)
- Match up your letter with parchment paper, wrong sides together and straight stitch around 3 sides. This will form a “pocket”. Fill the pocket with small candy. Be careful- overfilling will make the pocket hard to close.
- Stitch up the last side, trim any loose threads and you are set!
Super Sweet right?! Just love them!!
Want to see more- well,
I am excited to share that I will be demonstrating this “how to” on next weeks Cool2Craft TV segment! How Cool is that!? So, tune in on February 6th to watch or join in on the live chat at 9am Pacific/ Noon Eastern time #livecraftchat during the showtime.
Hello! Are you new to The Sewing Loft?
If so, I’m glad you stopped by and hope that something has inspired you to keep your needle moving! Don’t miss a single project and subscribe via email HERE! Bonus- free embroidery pattern with newsletter sign up. Another great way to connect with me is via Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Google + or Follow my blog with Bloglovin. I’m looking forward to getting to know you and creating together!