This time of year the trims make every project special! These little bits of goodness can bring your project to a whole new level. Look at how they bring these little house purses alive. But storage can be an issue!!
I have a simple solution to help keep me organized!
This project is for sewers of all levels.
Skill Level- 1 Button
- Measure your basket width to determine the size of cardboard. Reduce by 1/2″ to make room for trim.
- Cut card stock to size. (Note that I have used the front and back of empty mac & cheese boxes. A fave among my girls!)
- Cut fabric to cover. I make mine fold over on the longer side for less sewing. 😉
- Fold wrong sizes together, stitch the top and one side. Leaving the bottom open. (I used my overlock machine, you can use a zig zag stitch. I do not recommend turning it out for a clean finished look. The seam allowance is bulky when turned.)
- Slip the cardboard in place and stitch closed.