Ever wonder what a Fat Quarter is? Well, if you are not a quilter you might think it is a plump coin for your pocket.
But no, it is not a new measure of $$.
It is a piece of fabric that measures 18″ x 22″.
Fabric stack from Fabricworm.com
From this piece of fabric that is much that can be created!!
Did you know that from just one fat quarter you can create….
- 6 6 1/2″ squares
- 9 6″ squares
- 12″ 5″ squares
- 16 4.5″ squares
- 20 4″ squares
- 30 3.5″ squares
- 42 3″ squares
- 56 2.5″ squares
- 99 2″ squares (now that is a lot of squares!)
- Annika Market Bag by Hemma Design Pattern on Etsy
- Matryoshka Doll by Little Bird Lane LLC on Etsy
- Sewing Accessories Pattern 4476 by Butterick
- Little Flower Petal Flower Bib by Voknitting Shop on Etsy
- Stepping Star Quilt by Stepping Star on Etsy
- Zippered Pouches by SMCNY on Etsy
- Kaleidoscope by Cluck, Cluck, Sew on Etsy
- Annie Lee Pillowcase Dress by Viola Lee Patterns on Etsy
Hello! Are you new to The Sewing Loft?
If so, I’m glad you stopped by and hope that something has inspired you to keep your needle moving! Don’t miss a single project and subscribe via email HERE! Bonus- free template download with newsletter sign up. Another great way to connect with me is via Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+ or Follow along with Bloglovin. I’m looking forward to getting to know you and creating together!