Keepin’ It Super Simple!
From time to time, I have been know to leave notes on door knobs…
Today’s post is all about doing that with style!
This project is for all levels.
Skill Level- 1 Button
- fabric scraps
- To create the “pocket” cut one large rectangles from felt 5 1/2″ x 11″.
- Since I wanted to personalize this, I added a name tag just like on the Laundry Bags. Click here for the tutorial.
- To get an idea for placement, I folded the rectangle in half and then positioned & stitched my fun stuff in place.
- “Fun Stuff” – The name tag was cut out with pinking shears and edge stitched all around in a contrasting color. 2 leaves in contrast felt, adding some straight stitching for detail & a simple rosette flower twisted in a fun print were added.
- Then, I folded the top hem down 1/2″ towards the face of the pocket and picked a fun decorative stitch to join the seam.
- To create strap- cut a 2″ x 12″ piece of felt. Fold in half and stitch down the center. I used a zig zag stitch in contrast color for fun. Fold in half to create a loop. Attach this to the back side of pocket with straight stitch. Be sure to back stitch for extra strength.
- Fold right sides together and straight stitch closed both sides with 1/4″ seam allowance.
- At bottom corners, finger press the seam towards the center of the bottom to create a triangle. Straight stitch across; clip.
- Turn right side out, hang on door and add something fun.