Keepin’ It Super Simple!
This is a great way to use up some left over fabric and create something fun and flirty!
This project is for all levels.
Skill Level- 1 Button
- 2 different types of fabric
- vintage buttons or pins
- Cut or rip 3 strips of fabric 36″ long x 1″ wide. Fold pieces in half. Straight stitch loop in place 1″ from edge. This loop will be your “anchor”.
- Anchor your loop and begin to braid. (You can see, I just used my knees and scissors.)
- After braiding a long section, wrap around the widest part of your hand to make sure it will fit. Then secure the braid with a straight stitch.
- Overlap ends together, trim excess and stitch in place. *Note- I tried to use a zig zag but my fabric was too thick. So, instead I used a straight stitch and back stitched several times.
- Trim all loose threads and for a clean finish, wrap a scrap around the seam and hot glue in place.
- To make it fun, I added a fabric flower on one, tied a standard knot on another and just added a flea market find pin on the 3rd.