Keepin’ It Super Simple!
Monday mornings are crazy time in my house! Everyone is in slow motion and I am itching to get to work! These are the days that I need to get my super hero groove on. (sorry, but as a child I always loved Wonder Woman. I mean come on, those cuffs, they could stop bullets!)
This project is for all levels.
Skill Level- 1 Button
- 2 different colors of felt
- hook and loop tape
- Measure your child’s wrist with a tape measure. Make sure it’s comfortable and not too tight. Then add 2 1/2″ for overlap. This measurement x 2.5″ wide will be your cuff pattern.
- Cut 4 pieces of the same color felt to your pattern. Now pick your cuff design. For this “how to” I am using the heart. Cut 2 in your complementary color. Cutting counts here. If you have a rotary cutter, this will go very quick and you will have a smooth line.
- Position your shape on the center of the cuff. Stitch all around to secure. Repeat to other cuff.
- With wrong sides together, match the top and bottom of your cuff; straight stitch all around edge. Note that I used a contrast color thread for detail.
- Cut your hook and loop tape 2″ long. Center the “loop” side of tape 1/4″ from the edge on face of cuff. Stitch all around. Then repeat on the other end on the wrong side of cuff. Repeat to other cuff.
- Wrap around wrist and you are ready to conquer the world!