We have learned how to make custom piping in 4 simple steps but never really talked about what to do with it. Today, I’m going to show you just how easy it is to install custom piping on decorative pillows. This simple trim can really create that WOW factor on a limited budget.
Install Pillow Piping
This project is for all levels.
Skill Level- 1 Button
- custom piping
- pillow pattern
- sewing machine
- zipper foot
- basic sewing supplies
- Attach your zipper foot to your machine and check the needle position.
- Determine the starting point of piping on your pillow. I suggest in the middle of the bottom of pillow to hide.
- Position piping; pin in place all around pillow matching seam allowance.
- Straight stitch as close to the cording as possible, clipping corners as needed to turn the seam.
- To join piping, unpick a few stitches on piping and fold back fabric to expose cording. Clip cording to match evenly; fold under the fabric edge and overlap to cover the seam; continue stitching piping in place.
Custom pillow piping is an easy way to add that decorator touch on a shoestring budget. The key is to take your time and not to be caught short. With a few minutes of prep work and some simple calculations, you can transform even the simplest pillow insert into a decorator pillow.
Hello! Are you new to The Sewing Loft? If so, I’m glad you stopped by and hope that something has inspired you to keep your needle moving! Don’t miss a single project and subscribe via email HERE! Bonus- free embroidery pattern with newsletter sign up. Another great way to connect with me is via Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Google + or Follow my blog with Bloglovin. I’m looking forward to getting to know you and creating together!