Happy December! Now, that all the Black Friday & Cyber Monday sales are over, it’s time to settle down and work on the fun things. These reindeer candy cane holders are perfect for the holidays. You can hang them on the tree, attach them to packages or hand them out as a quick thank you.
Reindeer Candy Cane Holders
- Assorted Scrap Fabric
- Googly Eyes
- Pom Poms
- Reindeer Candy Cane Template
- Basic Sewing Tools
- Clear Drying Glue
- Spray Starch is Optional
- Cut out pieces as per template.
- Place wrong sides together and stitch all around the ears. Fold the center into a bow shape and stitch down the center to keep in place. *Quick Tip: To give my ears some additional shape, I spritzed the fabric with spray starch.
- Place the body wrong sides together, sandwich the ears 1/4″ below the top edge and stitch around 3 sides of the body; leaving the top open.
- Slip two candy canes inside the body and glue face details in place.
The body of the reindeer was designed to be snug along the candy cane to allow for easy hanging on the tree! Think of all the fun things you can do with these reindeer candy cane holders. Don’t be shy, stitch them up in batches and put the kids to work. My girls were happy to spend the afternoon gluing away.
Need other easy holiday gift ideas? Be sure to check out our other easy Christmas projects.
Hello! Are you new to The Sewing Loft?
If so, I’m glad you stopped by and hope that something has inspired you to keep your needle moving! Don’t miss a single project and subscribe via email HERE! Bonus- free download with newsletter sign up. Another great way to connect with me is via Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Google+ or Follow along with Bloglovin. I’m looking forward to getting to know you and creating together!