Last year we had our very first SWAP on The Sewing Loft for a simple zipper pouch. It was so much fun and I thought it was time to host another one! I’d like to welcome you to the Trim Trade!
To turn this swap into a fun party, Cori from Let’s Eat Grandpa and I are co-hosting this swap. This swap is where participants will trade all sorts of decorative sewing trims. We’re talking lace, sequins, buttons, ric-rac, cording, ribbon, beads, piping, fringe, bias tape, braids — and whatever else makes our sewing extra special!
The swap is simple:
- Click here (sign up is now closed) and fill in your information. Sign-ups close on April 26.
- Choose enough trim to fill a sandwich-size plastic bag.
- Post photos of your trim to the Flickr page.
- Comment on what you love…and what you don’t (be kind!)
- We’ll email you the name and address of your swap partner once the sign-ups close.
- Ship out your swag by May 8!
Here is a snapshot of what a swap package would look like:
Easy, right? A mystery trim giveaway will land in one participants mailbox, so be sure to sign up!
I’d also like to take this opportunity to introduce you to Cori. We’ve been blogging and Tweeting together for a while now, and I got to meet her for a whole hot minute at the Sewing Summit last October. I just adore her Blooming Quilt As You Go Panel and I might have to use it for my next scrap buster! Her style is super fresh, colorful and above all fun. You must check out her shop, it is filled with handmade goodness!
Check back here and at Let’s Eat Grandpa during the month to learn more about swap etiquette and fun ways trim can make your sewing projects stand out. We’re looking forward to the Trim Trade and hope you are too!