Halloween is right around the corner and when I “Spied” the new Spooktacular fabric line Blend, I knew right away that I had to create something fun!
Witches Brew Pillow
This project is for all levels.
Skill Level- 1 Button
- 3 fat quarters of fabric to cover pillow
- coordinating colored felt
- double-sided fusible
- pillow insert
- coordinating piping
- Sewing Machine
- Iron/Ironing Board
- basic sewing supplies
1. Determine pattern size by measuring your pillow insert length & width and adding seam allowance.
2. Create custom piping using these simple instructions.
3. Select your featured designs from fabric and fuse the paper-backed fusible to the wrong side of fabric. (Follow the instructions on package.) Carefully cut out.
4. Cut felt backer to the size of your design. I used a rectangular shape to fit my witches brew bottles. Center and fuse design in place. Position the design on pillow and free style appliqué directly onto the face of pillow. I used contrast thread and stitched around the shape twice.
5. Attach cording to face of pillow with zipper foot.
6. To make my pillow cover removable, I added a zipper to the back.
This pillow is part of the Spooktacular Series with Ellison Lane.
A special Thank You to Blend Fabrics for the inspiration to create this pillow project.
Hello! Are you new to The Sewing Loft?
If so, I’m glad you stopped by and hope that something has inspired you to keep your needle moving! Don’t miss a single project and subscribe via email HERE! Bonus- free embroidery pattern with newsletter sign up.