Keepin’ It Super Simple!
I love the soft feel of a soft cozie sweater but what do you do when you outgrow it? Or you spill grape juice on it?
Well, I like to ReClaim them and turn them into softies.
Skill Level- 1 Button
- Tee Shirt
- Double sided fusible
- Poly fil
- Sewing Machine
- Needle and Thread
- From sweater; cut 2 bodies & 2 ears. From felt; cut two ears, 1 nose from felt & 2 inner eyes. From tee-shirt; cut 4 strips 6″ long x 2 1/2″ wide. These strips will be the arms and legs.
- The eyes and nose will be created from a fabric applique. Click here for the “how to” post. Iron eyes and nose to body. I added all around straight stitch to nose and stitched down the center of the inner eye.
- Match the ears, wrong sides together and stitch all around; clip; turn ears out and lightly press. Be sure to pull out the points of ears with a pin if needed.
- To create arms and legs; fold your tee-shirt strips in half, then tie a knot close to the end.
- To join pieces; pin the ears at the top, arms at the side marking and legs 1/2″ in from corners along bottom edge. Be sure that all parts are on the body and not extending past. Sandwich right sides together with the back side of body. Pin everything in place. *I reduced the arm length 1″ on my Kitty.
- Bring to your machine; starting at the bottom edge, straight stitch all around to the other side. Be sure to leave around 2″ open along the bottom edge.
- Turn the Kitty right side out and lightly press.
- Stuff Kitty with poly fill.
- Pin opening together and slip stitch closed with needle and thread.
Remember, Keep It Super Simple!!