Today’s craft is a quicky! I had some scraps of polar fleece around the studio that needed to find a new home.
So, with spring flowers starting to emerge, I had an idea!
This project is for all levels.
Skill Level- 1 Button
- fleece, felt, felted sweater (any would work)
- needle & thread
- mini cloths pins
- hot glue
- Start by cutting your fabric into squares. (I cut mine into 2 3/4″ squares) You will need 3 squares to create one flower. But make a bunch, they are super fast.
- Draw a flower shape on scrap cardboard or card stock. Cut out and trace onto your square.
- Cut flower shape from fleece. Stack three flowers on top of each other; rotating as you go to see the petals.
- Position your button in the center; with needle and thread, stitch to secure.
- Grab your mini cloths pin and hot glue in place.
Comments & Reviews
I LOVE this quick and easy project! These would be great to add to binder clips to make office paperwork a little more pretty, add to hair clips… or even put magnets on the clothespins and put on the fridge!
The felt flowers are so adorable! I have scraps of other thick material (tweed, mistakenly felted sweaters & such) which would make some nice grown up flowers. Thanks for the post!
American Sewing Guild
Steph @ Crafting in the Rain says
So cute–and you really could clip them to anything!
Crafty Cousins says
I absolutely love this! I’d love for you to share it in our link party!
~Natalie @ Crafty Cousins