Today’s project is perfect for taming your scrap pile and holding all your favorite notions! The fabric wrapped corded bowl is easy to make and SO functional.
I must warn you, these little fabric wrapped corded bowls are super addictive. You can’t make just one! Not only are they easy to make and great for using up your scraps but they are useful and SO much fun!!
You can make them any size, shape or form you like. You can even add handles and a pincushion like I did in class.
Fabric Wrapped Corded Bowl Class
You’ll learn how to:
- Turn your scraps into a pretty and useful bowl.
- Attach fabric strips to a clothesline.
- Coil the fabric-wrapped cord as you put it through your machine.
- Create a simple pincushion to attach to bowl.
Once you join me in class to create this fabric wrapped corded bowl you will need a few supplies.
- Scrappy Quilter’s Bowl Pattern
- assorted fabric scraps
- cotton clothesline rope
- fabric glue
- sharp sewing needle
- small amount of poly fill
- basic sewing supplies
I’ve chatted about Annie’s Creative Studio before but if you haven’t checked them out yet, now is the time! They offer over six programs that include more episodes of exclusive content than I can count and tons of tutorials and tips from instructors all over the industry, including me! Plus, there are hundreds of patterns for you to download.
Each week, new episodes are added to the website along with tons of patterns to keep you inspired! Your membership to Annie’s Creative Studio includes an all access pass to the instructional videos 24/7. That means no matter what time of day it is, you can stitch with me!
All of Annie’s Creative Studio episodes are presented in an HD video format by well-known craft experts from all over the world.
Annie’s Creative Studio Includes:
- Quilter’s Skill Builders Master quilting techniques and patterns.
- Quick Stitches & Tips Skill-building in crochet, knitting, quilting, sewing, beading, cross stitch and more.
- Learn, Make, Create! New skills in crochet, knitting, quilting and sewing.
- Creative Living Trends, home decor, holiday entertaining, recycling and fashions.
- Crochet Skill Builders Crocheters of all skill levels will enjoy technique-focused episodes and crochet-alongs.
- Knit and Crochet Now! The complete eight seasons of the TV show featuring demos and free patterns.
- Products We Love New craft products.
So what are you waiting for? Come make a few fabric wrapped corded bowls with me and start your free 30-day trial membership today!
Remember after you sign up you’ll have access to all of my classes including All About Fabric and the Windy Day mug rug.
Hello! Are you new here?
Do you want to learn more about sewing and quilting? Be sure to sign up for our newsletter HERE and never miss a stitch! Daily Sewing Tips, Everyday Projects and Fantastic Inspiration delivered straight to your mailbox!
Bonus– free download with newsletter sign up.
Feel free to connect with me on Facebook, Pinterest, or Instagram. I look forward to getting to know you and stitching up a storm together!
Comments & Reviews
This would be awesome. If Annie’s was working to join. :/
We are unable to complete your transaction at this time. Please try again later.
Thank you for your note Pam. I am sorry you were having trouble and have reached out to Annie’s Creative Studio. They advised that there was an issue yesterday and suggested that you try again as everything has been resolved.