Know that we know thread has a shelf life, let’s explore creative uses for our vintage spool collection!
Vintage Thread Spools
Not only are these ideas creatively cool but they are so easy to achieve. Be prepared to think beyond your sewing space.
- Vintage spools make the perfect place cards for any special occasion.
2. Thread spool turned pincushion.
3. This coffee table would be awesome in a studio or hobby room.
4. Create colorful garland with leftover fabric scraps and thread spools.
5. How cool would your curtains looked tied back with a pair of these!
6. Update an old dresser with a few long screws and a fresh coat of paint.
7. How about a sweet little accessory for your next quilt meeting.
8. Load up empty spools with leftover trims for a pretty display piece in your studio.
9. Be sure to pass a few of these pretty wine charmers out at your next girls night and never misplace your glass again!
10. Grab a few of those vintage babies and start stamping! These little pretties would be the perfect package decoration
11. And just to give you a good chuckle… I’m pretty sure we are all card carrying members! Do you know the secret handshake?
So, the next time you see a big olde box of vintage thread spools at your local estate sale be sure you’re picking them up for something other than your sewing machine!
Hello! Are you new here?
Do you want to learn more about sewing? If so, be sure to sign up for our newsletter HERE and never miss a stitch! Daily Sewing Tips, Everyday Projects and Fantastic Inspiration delivered straight to your mailbox!
Bonus– free download with newsletter sign up.