Nothing says skirt season like warm weather! They are easy to make, forgiving in fit and come in so many varieties! So, to help kick off my summer sewing, I have rounded up over 100 free skirt patterns to help get you started.
100+ Free Skirt Patterns
This list is pretty AH-MAZ-ING and includes something for everyone on your list!
We all need a skirt that makes feel good and look good. That’s what the A-Line is all about!
1. No Sew Shirt Skirt (refashion)
2. Color block A-line (girls)
3. Dana Wrap Skirt
4. Domesticated Skirt
5. Fat Quarter Wrap Skirt
6. Hem-less A-Line Skirt (pictured)
7. Petal Skirt (girls)
8. Sailor Skirt Pattern (girls)
9. Simple A-Line
10. Whimsy Skirt (girls, deep side pockets)
Skirts can be fun and flirty, especially when they are A-symetrical.
11. Layered Twirl Skirt (any size, little girl friendly!)
12. 4th of July Ruffle & Bustle Skirt (girls, pictured)
13. Charlotte Russe Inspired Ruffle
14. Coastal Curtsy Skirt (one seam)
15. Gypsy Skirt (any size)
16. High Low Skirt
17. Mermaid Skirt (girls)
18. Scallop Edge
19. Side Button, Curved Hem
20. Side Bustle Skirt Pattern (girls)
Twirling just got a lot more fun with this line up.
21. 3 Layer Baby Girl Skirt (girls, pictured)
22. Arrow Skirt (perfect infusion of color! girls, pictured)
23. Bandanna Skirt (girls)
24. Black & White Magic
25. Bookworm Skirt (girls)
26. Borderline Skirt (any size)
27. Bubble Ruffle Tutu (girls)
28. Bubble Skirt (girls)
29. Buttercup Skirt (perfect for babies)
30. Christmas Glitter Skirt (girls)
31. Circle Tulle Skirt
32. Double Layer Skirt (refashion, girls)
33. Duck Applique (girls)
34. Easy Circle Skirt (pictured)
35. Easy Summer Skirt
36. Elastic Waist Skirt (any size)
37. Fabric Tutu (girls)
38. Full Gathered Skirt
39. Gathered Hi Low Skirt
40. Hidden Pocket Skirt (girls)
41. Lazy Summer Day Skirt (refashion)
42. Paper Bag Skirt (women’s) Paper Bag Skirt (girls)
43. Perfect Circle Skirt (any size)
44. Market Skirt (girls, pictured)
45. Quick Skirt (any size, refashion)
46. Reversible Skirt (baby)
47. Ruffle Hem Skirt (girl)
48. Simple Summer Skirt (pictured)
49. Sofia Skirt (women’s) Sofia Skirt (girls)
50. Summer Stripes (girls, pictured)
51. Taking Notes
52. Tiered Peasant Skirt
53. Tulle Pettiskirt (crazy pretty! girls)
54. Tulle Skirt
55. Tulle Skirt (with bonus styling options)
56. Tulip Wrap Skirt (pictured)
No matter what the weather, a maxi is always perfect!
57. Maxi Ruffle Skirt
58. 3 Tiered Skirt
59. Chiffon Maxi Skirt
60. Denim Maxi Skirt (refashion)
61. Elastic Maxi with Pockets (pictured)
62. Glamor Wrap (pictured, no sew)
63. High/Low Wrap Skirt
64. Side Ruched Maxi (pictured)
Dressing needs to be easy especially when pregnant. These are mission critical for every stage!
Mini skirt are magic! They can change a ho-hum outfit into drop dead date night. These are some of the best. In a crunch for time? Be sure to check out the 15 Minute skirt pictured. It’s a make today and wear it tonight kinda skirt!
68. 15 Minute Skirt (any size)
69. Chalk Lines (pictured)
70. Easy Elastic Waist Skirt w/Band (girls)
71. Fringe Skirt
72. Kasia (perfect for the office)
73. Lace for Days Skirt (pictured)
74. Lace Mini (pictured)
75. Mia Skirt (girls)
76. Pencil Skirt
77. Ruffle Tulle Skirt (girls, so cute!)
78. Ruffle Your Bustle (girls)
79. Sweater Skirt (refashion)
80. Tie Skirt
Pleats can be playful. They add volume and dimension to your outfit. Not to mention, the swing factor.
81. Crayon Box Skirt
82. Guilded Skirt
83. Marie (perfect for the office)
84. Paris Skirt (girls, pictured)
85. Pattern Play
86. Patternless Pleated Skirt (pictured)
87. Pleated Circle Skirt
88. Pleated Pocket Skirt (for girls)
89. Pleated Wrap Skirt
Just like your favorite tee shirt, a knit skirt will become your best friend. I suggest you look in your closet and “knock off” your favorite skirt. Then head to the fabric store and make it in every color!
90. Knock Off Your Favorite Skirt
91. Draped Tulip Wrap Skirt
92. Easy Ruffle Skirt (pictured)
93. Easy Tube Skirt
94. Everything’s Coming up Roses
95. Ice Cream Social
96. Knee Length A-Line
97. Maxi Skirt
98. No Sew Skirt (any size, refashion)
99. Perfect Pencil Skirt
100. Ruffle Edge Skirt
101. Single Seam Skirt (any size)
102. Stripe Skirt (any size, refashion)
Now how is that for a list? I’m sure we could each raid our fabric stash and fill our closet with new skirts from these free skirt patterns. Just pick one you like and start stitching! Don’t forget to Pin This free skirt patterns post for easy reference later. You never know when that wardrobe will need a refresh.
Still want more? How about learning how to draft your own skirt pattern? These Craftsy classes can help you refashion your entire closet!
ps- be sure to check out these other round ups for free patterns and projects.
Hello! Are you new here?
Do you want to learn more about sewing? If so, be sure to sign up for our newsletter HERE and never miss a stitch! Daily Sewing Tips, Everyday Projects and Fantastic Inspiration delivered straight to your mailbox!
Bonus– free download with newsletter sign up.