Did you know that The Sewing Loft offers a variety of PDF sewing patterns? You can find them here, in The Sewing Loft pattern shop, and download one for instant sewing gratification.
Easter is on the way and if you have been searching for a quick and easy, yet totally adorable, DIY Easter gift for your little ones, look no further. The Bunny sewing pattern from The Sewing Loft is here to help! This floppy-eared fellow will hop straight into the heart of your kiddos, and be a beloved friend for life. The finished bunny measures 10 inches tall (not including the ears) and 5 ½ inches wide.
This pattern is suitable for sewists of all levels, so don’t be afraid to try it even if this is your first stuffed animal project! The pattern instructions will walk you through the whole project, step by step.
This project is for sewers of all levels.
Skill Level- 1 Button
Materials you’ll need for this project:
- Bunny pattern by The Sewing Loft, available here
- one fabric fat quarter for the main body
- ⅛ yard contrasting fabric for the belly and inside of the ears
- scrap pieces of felt for the face, nose, and tail
- sewing machine or hand sewing needle and thread
Sewing Ideas for the Bunny Stuffed Toy pattern:
1. Make the bunny out of one of your child’s favorite shirts that have become a little too worn to continue wearing.
2. Use a cuddle-type fabric such as fleece, faux fur, or Minky so your bunny will be soft and plush.
3. Sew up a bunny before Easter and use him to decorate your home in anticipation of the holiday. (Perhaps he can even watch over the youngest members of your household to make sure they are deserving of a visit from the Easter Bunny?)
4. Tuck the bunny into your child’s Easter basket or hide it in your house and leave clues for your kiddo to find him.
5. Make the bunny brown so he can be a chocolate bunny, or sew him in pastel colors to match the marshmallow bunnies your child loves to eat!
6. Make your bunny out of velveteen and pair it with a copy of The Velveteen Rabbit for a gift that leaves a lasting impression.
What ideas do you have for using the adorable Bunny sewing pattern for Easter or any other gift-giving event? We’d love to hear them – share in the comments below! If you make a bunny of your own, post a photo in The Sewing Loft Patterns Flickr pool so we can all see your gorgeous work!
Hello! Are you new here?
Do you want to learn more about sewing? If so, be sure to sign up for our newsletter HERE and never miss a stitch! Daily Sewing Tips, Everyday Projects and Fantastic Inspiration delivered straight to your mailbox!
Bonus– free download with newsletter sign up.
Feel free to connect with me on Facebook, Pinterest, or Instagram. I look forward to getting to know you and stitching up a storm!