A few weeks ago I shared my peacock pillow design on Facebook and based on your response, the design is a hit! This pattern has been created for a very special project with Enchanted Makeovers.
Today, I am sharing the full how to and pattern for you to make your very own pillow to pass along.
This project is for all levels.
Skill Level- 1 Button
- base fabric to cover pillow
- colored fabrics for appliqué (reclaimed tees)
- double-sided fusible
- pillow insert
- embroidery thread *optional*
- Sewing Machine
- basic sewing supplies
- Measure your pillow to determine the base fabric size. Don’t forget to add seam allowance. See easy pillow cover instructions here.
- Trace pattern pieces onto fusible. Following the directions on package, apply the fusible to the wrong side of fabric; cut out pieces.
- Position body on lower center of pillow. Once you are happy with placement, peel the backer paper of fusible off; place and iron as directed on packaging.
- Continue to place feathers and fuse in place. I like to start at the bottom and work from side to side. This will help keep the appliqué uniform in shape.
- You may wish to add a straight stitch or zig zag stitch along the edge of appliqué for that extra detail.
- I like to add simple hand stitching around the upper feathers to enhance that handmade look.
Even though everyone will be using the same design, each pillow will be uniquely different. Please share your talents & skills to create a peacock pillow for the shelter. Pillows should be sent to Enchanted Makeovers by October 30th 2012.
Here is a small glimpse into the shelter. The bedspreads are a soft chenille with light turquoise coloring and flowers partnered with red gingham. Please keep this in mind when creating your pillows. Preferred colors are light background, pink, yellow, turquoise, lavender and greens. Be sure to have fun here mixing color and patterns.
I can not wait to see the amazing pillows you create! Please be sure to share pictures on the Facebook page.
Hello! Are you new to The Sewing Loft?
If so, I’m glad you stopped by and hope that something has inspired you to keep your needle moving! Don’t miss a single project and subscribe via email HERE! Bonus- free download with newsletter sign up. Another great way to connect with me is via Facebook, Pinterest, Google+ or Follow along with Bloglovin. I’m looking forward to getting to know you and creating together!