It’s the last day of our sewing machine cover sew-along! I hope you’ve enjoyed sewing this project with me! If you haven’t had a chance to get started yet, scroll down to the bottom of today’s post where I’ll link together all of the posts in the series from start to finish.
Sewing Machine Cover Tutorial
This project is for all levels.
Skill Level- 1 1/2 Buttons
- Sewing Machine
- Machine cover as assembled in yesterday’s post
- Scrappy Binding
- Heat Erasing Pen
- Coordinating Thread
- Basic Sewing Supplies
Finishing the Machine Cover:
- Slip the machine cover over your machine to make any last-minute adjustments.
- Trim if needed and attach binding all around bottom edge.
- Slip cover back over machine to mark opening positions for handle with heat erasing pen.
- Set your machine to zig zag and make the following adjustments:
- Increase stitch width to the widest setting. This is to grab the largest bite on our kissing seams.
- Decrease the stitch length. This will keep our stitches closer together and prevent seam breakage. Basically, we have just created a mending stitch.
Now, I’m off to finish binding my hem but once I do, I’ll share a few photos on social media.
And that’s it! I hope you enjoyed this sewing machine cover tutorial and have taken the time to sew along with us. I’d love to see photos of your finished machine covers – share them on Instagram or add them to The Sewing Loft Flickr pool.
Click here if you missed any part of our Sewing Machine Cover Pattern Sew Along.
ps- Now that your machine has a col new cover, it’s time to look under the hood and clean out those dust bunnies!
Hello! Are you new to The Sewing Loft?
If so, I’m glad you stopped by and hope that something has inspired you to keep your needle moving! Don’t miss a single project and subscribe via email HERE! Bonus- free embroidery pattern with newsletter sign up. Another great way to connect with me is via Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Google+ or Follow along with Bloglovin. I’m looking forward to getting to know you and creating together!