This post contains affiliate links to products that I own, use and love.
Quick crafts are my favorite, especially in the summer! So, when my friends Carolina & Angie asked me to join in a summer round of Craft Lightening, I was all in. These elastic headbands are simple to make and can be put together in less than 15 minutes. I promise!
No Sew Elastic Headband
This project is for all levels.
Skill Level- 1 Button
- fabric scraps
- small piece of elastic (love this ruffle elastic by Dritz)
- eyelet kit
1. Refer to photo and measure your head circumference with tape measure or elastic.
2. Cut elastic and tie the ends in a knot.
3. Cut fabric scraps in different size circles and layer; cut small slit in center.
4. Follow directions on your eyelet kit and attach eyelet in the center of flower with hammer. Thread elastic through eyelet and expose the knot in the center.
What did I tell you, this elastic headband was super fast! For more easy crafts be sure to visit the Craft Lightening Summer Edition by clicking the button below.
ps- I made a bunch of flowers and the girls can mix and match them for any outfit. (Actually, Lady A made all of the flowers. That’s right this 15 minute craft is perfect for the creative kids in your world.)
Hello! Are you new to The Sewing Loft?
If so, I’m glad you stopped by and hope that something has inspired you to keep your needle moving! Don’t miss a single project and subscribe via email HERE! Bonus- free download with newsletter sign up.
Another great way to connect with me is via Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Google + or Follow my blog with Bloglovin. I’m looking forward to getting to know you and creating together!
Comments & Reviews
I think you could even do cute little bow ties with elastic bands. It wouldn’t be that hard, and you could make it a project for both your little girls and your little boys: girls make the headbands, boys make the ties!